This is my weblog software. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
(Well, you're seeing it right now, but the demo is much better)
Some nice features:
- It doesn't use a database. Everything is stored in files.
- Nice file upload & management interface. (uses SWFUpload)
- It uses web.py for clean, fast operation.
- The "admin" interface is the regular interface. When you login, "edit" links appear by things that are editable.
- People can edit their comments later
- Edits in progress are autosaved every 10 seconds.
- Items can be saved as drafts, to facilitate work-in-progress
- wiki-style "pages" are supported (you're reading one now)
- Markdown is used for formatting. Raw html can be used too. There's no WYSIWYG editor.
- It's pretty extensible. Different types of "things" (besides the default posts, quotes, books) can be added without changing any existing code.
- Configuration & customization is simple:
- 1 config file
- 1 css file
- 1 template file
- Python 2.4 or greater
- MochiKit, web.py, and a couple other 3rd-party modules. These come bundled with blog_my.
- Public Domain
Installation & setup:
- Unzip the blog_my_X.X.zip file. You'll get a folder called blog_my_X.X/ You may want to move the contents of this folder up one level (watch out - the .htaccess file may overwrite any already-present one)
- Edit the config.py file. Set the options as indicated by the comments next to them.
- Edit the .htaccess file. Comment or uncomment the lines as appropriate.
- Point your browser at it!
- email me if you experience problems.
- Item/page versioning (Is this really needed? I don't need it).
- Other feature suggestions are welcome.
- Make a couple basic themes
- update css file
- better <h1> elements
- better <li> bullets
- Quick syntax help (same page? Pop-out?)
- Way to make things invisible to public (like for personal notes or rough drafts)
- Less clunky way to shrink/grow text fields